Agricultural-grade and extremely durable! DURA-SKRIM® R20WW consists of virgin outer layers of white high-strength polyethylene film laminated together with a black layer of molten polyethylene. Both outer layers contain UV inhibitors and thermal stabilizers to assure a long outdoor life. The white layers are designed to reduce heat build-up and condensation and to provide excellent dimensional stability. A layer of polyester scrim reinforcement placed between these plies greatly enhances tear resistance and increases service life. DURA-SKRIM’s heavy-duty diamond reinforcement responds to tears immediately by surrounding and stopping the tear. Duraskrim is 20mil thick.
Dura-Skrim Liner – 12′ Width
$119.95 – $299.95
Available on backorder
Dura-Skrim Liner – 12′ Width
How the Dura-Skrim Liner – 12′ Width Works:
Dura-Skrim is a lightweight and highly tear-resistant polyethylene liner. In aquaponics Dura-Skrim makes a long lasting barrier for deep water culture and media bed installations.
- Dura-Skrim Liner has been used with satisfaction in aquaponics for years.
- Perfect for both Deep Water Culture (DWC) and Media bed installations.
- 5 year limited UV warranty. Does not cover normal wear and tear or improper installation.
- SHIPPING IS A FLAT RATE WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND WILL BE CALCULATED PER LENGTH IN YOUR CART. (HAWAII, ALASKA AND INTERNATIONAL ORDERS INCUR ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES, WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH AMOUNT AND PAYMENT METHOD FOR THESE LOCATIONS.)
All of our Dura-Skrim ships via Fed Ex. The 18′ rolls are shipped with only two folds to minimize weak spots in the liner. This is why the cost of shipping for our liner might be higher than others. It is worth the extra cost to make sure that your liner arrives in good condition and will not leak!
The 12′ and 18′ DuraSkrim pieces require seams. This seam is professionally glued and heat sealed and will not cause any weakness in your liner.
- 12′ DuraSkrim -There is a 3-inch wide seam running down the middle of this liner
- 18′ DuraSkrim -There are two 3 inch wide seams at every 6 feet running down this liner
Sealing Tape (sold separately):
VaporBond Tape (TVB4) 4″ X 210′
- White single-sided tape
- Heavy duty
- Weather resistant polyethylene backing
- Aggressive Rubber Adhesive
- Excellent seaming capabilities with an “easy tear” feature to reduce installation time.
- TVB4 has a WVTR of 0.18 perms per ASTM D 833.
- Typical applications include vapor retarders, covers and liners.
- Black double-sided tape
- reinforced aggressive butyl rubber tape used to join panels of polyethylene and polypropylene together by overlapping the edges and applying Butyl Seal in between.
- Adheres to concrete walls and footings
(Tape is not 100% guaranteed to be watertight. You will get the results you want if you apply the tape on a flat surface and are careful, diligent, and apply it correctly.)
Resources are being developed from this product. Please contact us for more information.