The Flourish Fish Farm 600 is a complete recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) ready to raise ornamental or edible fish. With the optional plant sump and mineralization tank, the system can plug and play into almost any Media, NFT or DWC based plant growing system. Easily add any of our Growasis Deep Water Culture Troughs to create a complete aquaponic system. Please contact us at 303-720-6604 for a freight quote to your destination.
The Flourish Fish Farm 600
The Flourish Fish Farm 600 recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) has been designed by The Aquaponic Source as a turn-key fish farm for small scale aquaculture. The system can easily be adapted with the optional plant sump and mineralization tank for use in aquaponics. This is an extremely flexible system which allows you to operate the RAS as a coupled aquaponic system with your plants, or as a standalone decoupled aquaculture system.
The Flourish Fish Farm 600 Recirculating Aquaculture System
- Raise various fish species: Tilapia, Koi, Catfish, Trout, Hybrid Striped Bass, Bluegill, Perch, and more
- Harvest capacity of up to 320 lbs of live fish per year
- With the optional plant sump and mineralization tank (shown below) the system can grow over 1,680 plants such as head lettuces, leafy greens or herbs in deep water culture (approx. 480 sq ft at 3.5 plants per sq ft).
- Includes an Endurance 4000 state of the art auto-backwashing bead filtration system, automating the filtration process and minimizing labor time.
- Includes two 300 gallon fish tanks with optional viewing windows
- Heavy-duty submersible water pump
- All plumbing components included. Stick PVC pipe not included and must be sourced locally
- Quiet and efficient aeration system
- Digital water quality monitoring system
- Activated carbon water filter and autofill valve optional – water levels self-regulate
- Includes Assembly and Operations Manual
Optional Plant Sump and Mineralization Tank Add-On
- Independent Plant sump with pump
- Aerobic mineralization tank system for waste digestion, creates a zero-waste system!
- Can operate as a fully coupled or decoupled system
- “Plug-and-play” with any existing media, NFT or DWC plant system. Supply and return lines are ready to connect
- Connects easily with any Growasis Modular DWC System
- Independent Fish and Plant sumps allow for safe dosing and water quality adjustments for each system
FFF 600 with optional Plant Sump and Aerobic Mineralization Tank
How it Works
- When the system is decoupled from the plants, water flows from the fish tanks to the fish sump
- Clean water is returned to the fish through an automatic backwashing filter which provides both mechanical and biological filtration
- When coupled to your plant system, fish system water flows through the hydroponic plant system, providing nutrients. Cleaned water from the plants then returns to the fish system, and the process repeats.
- A pump recirculates water between the plant sump and your plant system
- Fish solids removed from the filter can be naturally mineralized and converted to plant nutrients in the Aerobic Digester tank
- The Aerobic Digester is connected to the plant sump. Simply open the valve to give your plants a nutrient boost. Nothing gets wasted!
- The system is designed to never discard any water. All water is recaptured from the fish solids and introduced into your hydroponic system, or used as nutrients for outdoor crops.
Fish tank heights are 33″ above the floor. All components will fit through standard doorways.
Resources are being developed from this product. Please contact us for more information.