Aquaponic Gardening: A Step by Step Guide to Growing Fish and Vegetables Together
by Sylvia Bernstein
- FREE SHIPPING! (within the continental 48 U.S. states)
- Garden Writers Association 2012 Silver Achievement Award Winner for
Outstanding Technical Gardening Book
- Recommended as a Mother Earth News Book for Wiser Living
Author, Teaming With Microbes
Aquaponic Gardening is the definitive do-it-yourself home manual, focused on giving you all the tools you need to create your own aquaponic system and enjoy healthy, safe, fresh, and delicious food all year round. Starting with an overview of the theory, benefits, and potential of aquaponics, the book goes on to explain:
- System location considerations and hardware components
- The living elements fish, plants, bacteria, and worms
- Putting it all together starting and maintaining a healthy system
This accessible book is also infused with humor and warmth; using quotes, stories and images from actual aquaponic gardeners though-out.
Aquaponics systems are completely organic. They are four to six times more productive and use ninety percent less water than conventional gardens. Other advantages include no weeds, fewer pests, and no watering, fertilizing, bending, digging, or heavy lifting in fact, there really is no downside! Anyone interested in taking the next step towards self-sufficiency will be fascinated by this practical, accessible, and well-illustrated guide.