Greenhouse Design with Aquaponics Course
More Info on the Greenhouse Design with Aquaponics Course:
Prepare for the ultimate training to grow your food year-round in any climate with aquaponics.
During this multi-day greenhouse and aquaponics immersion course you’ll dive into smart greenhouse design. Topics include how to design a super-efficient greenhouse using passive solar strategies, tailoring your greenhouse for your aquaponics system, growing year-round in hard-to-grow climates, powering your greenhouse off-grid, growing advice and greenhouse building plans.
This class is great for:
- Families “We want to grow healthy food for our family year round“
- The Prepared “I want to control my own food in the event something happens to our food system”
- Retirees “We are looking forward to spending time in our greenhouse growing our own fish and plants”
- Health Conscious “We want to make sure we are eating the most nutritiously dense food possible”
- Non Profits “We want to provide food for our community in an environmentally responsible way.”
- Commercial Growers “Our goal is to grow profitably and reduce our energy costs.”
Anyone serious about GROWING MORE FOOD using LESS RESOURCES
Passive solar greenhouses can work just about anywhere but are especially well suited for challenging growing environments such as locations with high altitudes, extreme weather conditions, poor soils or challenging terrains. In this course you will learn:
- How to leverage the “greenhouse self-heating” phenomena with the ground-breaking Ground to Air Heat Transfer system
- Where to put thermal mass in your greenhouse and why putting it in the wrong place can be catastrophic.
- A dirt cheap (yet commonly overlooked) step in greenhouse design that is actually KEY in increasing heat retention performance. This applies to simple hoop houses AND 10,000 square foot commercial greenhouses alike.
- How to use “Strategic Glazing” how to optimize light transmission based on climate, crops, and available materials.
- Exactly when to ventilate your greenhouse throughout the day based on climate and humidity.
- Which materials take up no greenhouse space and hold 5x more thermal mass than water.
- How to design and layout your aquaponic system to maximize use of space and energy
We offer a discount for groups of two or more people and even better, if you choose to purchase a full greenhouse and aquaponic system from us at any point in the future we will credit the cost of the course towards your purchase.
We look forward to seeing you in class!