AquaHeat Propane Gas-Fired Heating System
Estimating Your Propane or Natural Gas Usage
For those of you who would like to estimate your propane or natural gas usage, here are some handy formulas.
Step 1. Calculate your desired temperature increase. Temperatures are in degrees Fahrenheit.
Goal Temperature – Starting Temperature = Temperature Increase e.g. 75 degrees – 60 degrees = 15 degrees
Step 2. Calculate the energy required to heat your fish tank to your goal temperature. Volume is in US gallons. Energy is in BTUs.
Temperature Increase x Fish Tank Volume x 8.34 = Required Energy e.g. 15 degrees x 300 gallons x 8.34 = 37,530 BTU
Step 3. Calculate the volume of propane or natural gas required to heat your fish tank to your goal temperature. (Propane BTU Conversion Factor: 91,333. Natural Gas BTU Conversion Factor: 85,250.)
Required Energy / BTU Conversion Factor = Required Fuel e.g. 37,530 BTU / 91,333 = 0.41 gallons of propane required e.g. 37,530 BTU / 85,250 = 0.44 gallons of natural gas required / 0.012 = 36.7 cubic feet of natural gas required
Have you been searching for a way to keep your fish warm and happy without taxing your electricity? Are you looking for an aquaponic heating system with off-grid capabilities? AquaHeat is the latest in efficient propane-fired heating.
The AquaHeat heating system was designed with reliability and ease-of-use in mind. It has everything you need and nothing you don’t. AquaHeat comes fully assembled, mounted, and tested — no more wasting your day away on or hiring an expensive plumber for “minimal” assembly.
- 10L (2.65 GPM) Liquid Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater;
- Automatic Electrical Pulse Ignition with No Standing Pilot and No Electric Hookup (Operated by 2 Size-D Batteries, Not Included);
- IC Water Control Device;
- Ultra Low Water Pressure Start-up;
- Thermal Efficiency: >=85%;
- Thermal Output: 20,000 Watt / 68,242 Btu/h;
- Temperature Rise: 45 degrees F at 2.65 GPM;
- Exhaust Type: Duct;
- Minimum Working Water Pressure: 40 psi;
- Gas Pressure: 2000Pa (0.29 psi);
- Gas and Water Inlet/Outlet: 1/2″;
- Winter/Summer control;
- Min/Max Water Flow Adjustment;
- Flame Adjustment for Temperature Setting
- 2 standard D-cell batteries
- 12V DC deep cycle marine battery
- Requires Vent (4″ Double Wall Flue), Not Included.
NOT for heating potable water.
BTU Conversion Factors were sourced from the
US Energy Information Administration.
Volume Conversions were sourced from the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
Estimated High Range Limit: raises 2,500 gallons from 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees) in approximately 8 hours.
- SHIPPING IS A FLAT RATE OF $225.00 WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND WILL BE CALCULATED PER LENGTH IN YOUR CART. (HAWAII, ALASKA AND INTERNATIONAL ORDERS INCUR ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES, WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH AMOUNT AND PAYMENT METHOD FOR THESE LOCATIONS.)