Aquaponics Immersion Weekend
This comprehensive two day course is a deep dive into all things aquaponic and more. In this class we will expand on the core concepts discussed in the basics course and provide you with tons of real life experiences, scenarios, troubleshooting and system optimization tips.
Who is this Class For?
We've had people come from all over the world to learn how to grow their own food. One of our favorite moments in every class is to hear from you...
Families "We want to grow healthy food for our family and we're concerned about where our food comes from and what's in it."
Preppers "I want to control my own food production in the event something happens to our food system"
Retired Folks "We are retiring and want to grow food for our family and community"
Beginners "I already have an aquaponics system but it's not producing the way I would like it to"
Teachers "I want to build a system so I can teach others how to grow their own food."
What You Will Learn
Our instructor team will take you through our entire process from initial planning to harvesting your fish and plants in 2 days. We will build our brand new Aquabundance Modular System so you can see exactly how everything works together in this state of the art aquaponics growing system
Planning Your System
A discussion of your goals and objectives for growing food and how they will influence your space, system design and budget. We will cover important considerations in planning and preparing your space for your aquaponic system
Designing Your System
A detailed discussion of important system design criteria and relationships both physical and ecological in the aquaponic system with the goal to create a balanced system that meets your goals and objectives
Building Your System
You will have the opportunity to fully build our newly designed Aquabundance Series II system utilizing media and deep water culture beds along with plumbing the fish tanks and filtration systems.
Cycling Your System
Learn how to get your bacterial colony established and the important factors that influence a healthy system that can be ready to accept fish and plants
Managing Your System
Understanding how to maintain your system is critical for long term success and productivity. We will cover all aspects such as seeding, harvesting, pest management, fish rearing, nutrient balancing and more
Scaling for the Future
We will look at important factors and system design criteria that will allow you to expand your food production into a small farm business
Tour Our Aquaponic Farms
We will take students on a behind the scenes tour of our two aquaponic farms only minutes apart in Denver. Each farm is uniquely different and we will review how the farms were designed, built, managed and how they are serving for the community
Flourish Farm at the GrowHaus
The Mental Health Center of Denver
Jan 13-14, 2018 (Deaf Accessible - Translation Provided)
March 10-11, 2018
May 12-13, 2018
August 25-26, 2018
November 3-4, 2018
Classroom Instruction will take place at the GeoTech Environmental Center in beautiful Denver, Colorado. We will then visit the GrowHaus for hands on sessions with our fish and plants!
2650 E 40th Ave | Denver, CO
This Class Can Be Yours For Free!
At any point in the future should you choose to purchase one of our AquaBundance Modular Home Systems we will credit the entire cost of the course towards your purchase. (One class credit per AquaBundance system)
Denver Area Attractions
Add some more spice to your Denver visit
- Stroll through Downtown - Denver’s downtown blends both a Wild West and urban chic vibe. Hit up the 16th Street Mall to browse decades-old bookshops like Tattered Cover and buy cowboy apparel at Rockmount Ranch Wear.
- Hike around Red Rocks - These gorgeous red rocks jutting from the earth have been graced by thousands of musicians from the Beatles to The Grateful Dead to Depeche Mode. You name it, they've been there or desperately want to.
- Browse the Denver Botanic Gardens - Whether you’re a nature lover or just like to escape the concrete jungle without leaving city limits, the Gardens are a must-visit.
- Indulge your inner foodie at The Source - A 26,000-square-foot, 19th-century warehouse on Brighton Boulevard which was converted to a brand-new marketplace in 2013. The Source features a handful of local brewers, bakers, butchers, specialty grocers and craftsmen all under one roof, and is well on its way to becoming the city’s hottest destination for foodies.
- Gear up for a game at Coors Field - Watch the Colorado Rockies hit home runs at Coors Field—the park with the highest elevation in Major League Baseball.
Directions, Travel, Parking and Other Class Information
2.1 miles from the GrowHaus
Address: 3500 Park Ave West,
Address: 4040 Quebec St Denver
Rates starting at $109/night
Quality Inn Denver Central
2.6 miles from the Geotech
Address: 200 West 48th Ave Denver, CO 80216
Rates starting at $95/night
Cancellation Policy - Cancellations will receive a full refund up to two weeks before class. Less than two weeks before class the refund will be 50%. Less than 48 hours before class there are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel class if enrollments are low. If you are flying in, please consider purchasing a refundable ticket.