The Microfarm leverages the power of aquaponics, a symbiotic relationship between plants and fish, to easily grow fresh vegetables and herbs all year. It works like this…The fish are fed and produce waste, normally this would mean a nasty aquarium water change about every two weeks, but in this system the water is pumped up into the media bed. Here, it is broken down by bacteria into the basic nutrients for plant growth. The plants use these nutrients to thrive, growing closer together and faster than traditionally grown vegetables, while using only a tenth of the water.
The SpringWorks is best for small garden plants such as fragrant basil, savory oregano, sweet stevia and other unusual herbs. A strawberry plant, kale, lettuces and chards also grow nicely.
Growing is as easy as setting up the aquarium and feeding the fish, then planting seeds and harvesting vegetables!
The Springworks MicroFarm converts any standard 10 gallon aquarium to an indoor garden by harvesting the power of aquaponics. Your MicroFarm comes complete with:
- A grow bed, tank lid and all of the necessary fittings, designed and manufactured in the U.S.
- Lightweight clay aggregate in which your plants will grow
- A preset timer to control desired lighting times
- A rugged, quiet, and efficient pump to move water up to your plants
- All natural dechlorinator, a beneficial bacteria additive to start turning fish waste to plant food, and all natural food for your fish friends
- Organic nonGMO seeds, Sweet Basil and Oregano
- An integrated high output light and reflector assembly
Add tank, fish, and water and you are on your way!